Mitra Chem is a Silicon Valley startup working at the intersection of machine learning and battery development. We live at the cutting-edge of battery technology and aim to deliver world-class materials for the EV market within the next few years. Our goal is to be the first lithium-ion battery materials manufacturer to shorten the lab-to-production timeline by >90% through accelerated R&D and vertically integrated process optimization. We will first focus on Li-ion battery cathodes, converting them from commodity chemicals into a product platform, customized for different applications. We are setting up a state-of-the-art 15,000 sq ft industrial R&D center (located in the San Francisco Bay Area). Join our team to be a part of the growing battery revolution.
Climate change and US energy security are at an inflection point. Join our team to be a part of the growing battery revolution.
We are looking for a Process Engineer to bring up and manage our Modular Pilot Plant for lithium-ion battery cathode products.
- A pilot plant is a research and development environment, which at times, will require the team to handle on-call troubleshooting support or schedule overnight shifts
- Support pilot plant operation. Provide technical troubleshooting support and guidance to pilot operators
- Help lead commissioning and operations of new equipment, processes, and experiments
- Champion the implementation of standard operating procedures and manufacturing best practices regarding supply chain, operations, quality control, and maintenance plans
- Collect and analyze process/sample data to help optimize plant performance. Aid in project management and progress reporting to management Requirements
- Call out the ability to operate or troubleshoot multiple larger scale process and synthesis equipment
- Safety – Wear required PPE, SMAT, BSMATS, Risk assessments, PFMEA
- Needs to have flexibility with work hours
- Past exposure to chemical pilot plant operations in an R&D setting (1-2 years experience preferred)
- General knowledge of common laboratory analytical techniques, parameters, and familiarity with laboratory instruments
- Must have a strong sense of safety and be able to work independently and with others - a team player
- Attention to detail. Meticulous planning, organizational and data management skills
- Strong foundation in chemistry, engineering principles, and instruments/equipment functionality.
- Comfortable with being a multi-functional contributor where your scope of work will expand/change as the pilot plant develops
- Masters with minimum 2 years experience or bachelor degree with 5 years experience
- Knowledge of Li-ion batteries or cathodes
- Experience working and troubleshooting processes with slurries and/or hazardous materials
- Process control and basics/fundamentals with electrical
- Experience with databases, programming, and statistics
- Mechanically inclined and comfortable with using tools
- Experience with analytical instruments/testing (PSA, SEM/microscopy, ICP, UV-Vis spectroscopy, auto-titration, tap density)
- Experience with AutoCAD and drafting process & instrumentation diagrams
- Experience with SCADA, Ignition, Instrumentation, and Control, Labview
Compensation and Benefits
Mitra Chem is proud to offer its employees:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, and 401K.
- Well-being allowance and paid Flexible-Time-Off
- Free lunch and snacks.
Mitra Chem is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. We take steps to provide our employees, applicants, and others with whom we do business with an environment that is free of any form of discrimination and harassment (including harassment based on any of these characteristics). Mitra Future Technologies, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at careers(at)mitrachem.com.