Mitra Chem is a Silicon Valley startup working at the intersection of machine learning and battery development. We live at the cutting-edge of battery technology and aim to deliver world-class materials for the EV market within the next few years. Our goal is to be the first lithium-ion battery materials manufacturer to shorten the lab-to-production timeline by >90% through accelerated R&D and vertically integrated process optimization. We will first focus on Li-ion battery cathodes, converting them from commodity chemicals into a product platform, customized for different applications. We are setting up a state-of-the-art 15,600 sq ft industrial R&D center in Mountain View, CA. Join our team to be a part of the growing energy revolution.
We are looking for a Battery Process Engineer to perform battery cell prototyping and cell testing for our advanced cathode materials.
● Commission new equipment, and support R&D operations for cell making and testing
● Operate and troubleshoot battery cell testing equipment including battery cyclers, potentiostats, and test chambers
● Design experiments to test and qualify cathode materials in batteries
● Drive QC at multiple points in the cell making and testing process; support failure analysis for cells to provide feedback and insights to the cell testing team
● Analyze cell testing data using relevant and robust statistical methods and synthesize results and conclusions
● Work closely and collaboratively with research and product teams to ensure meaningful cell testing results
● Bachelor's degree in Materials Science/Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering.
● Experience with chemical processing and characterization in a lab environment. Battery cell making and related related experience is preferred, along with experience on battery testers including Neware and Arbin.
● Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with attention to detail and good record keeping.
● Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, hands-on experience conducting experiments, troubleshooting and maintaining equipment, particularly battery cyclers.
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive benefits including health, vision and dental insurance, and 401K.
• Tax-free spending accounts, along with life and disability insurances
• 401k matching, equity and savings programs
• Flexible time off with company holidays
• Free lunch and snacks
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
Mitra Chem is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. We take steps to provide our employees, applicants, and others with whom we do business with an environment that is free of any form of discrimination and harassment (including harassment based on any of these characteristics). Mitra Chem is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job applications procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at careers(at)mitrachem.com.